Preaching. Workshop Facilitation. Ritual Support. Interested in bringing me to your church, college, or conference? Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact me here.
- October 17th, New Orleans, LA: Faith In Harm Reduction Pre Conference
- October 20th, New Orleans, LA: Grief As Resistance @ 12th National Harm Reduction Conference
- April 15th, Campbell, CA: Naloxone Saves @ Campbell United Church of Christ, 10am
- April 23rd, Lake Junaluska, NC: Faith Leaders and Harm Reduction Workshop @ 2018 Southern Harm Reduction and Drug Policy Conference
- May 5th, Berkeley, CA: Naloxone Saves @ TRANSFORM THE CHURCH, 11am
- June 15th, Rohnert Park, CA: Naloxone Saves @ NCNC UCC Annual Gathering, 1:15pm
- August 4th, Oakland, CA: Officiant at Queer Lovefest
- August 19th, Campbell, CA: Preaching @ Campbell United Church of Christ, 10am
- August 31st, Columbus, OH: Faith In Harm Reduction. A Community Gathering, 1pm-5pm
- August 31st, Columbus, OH: Naloxone Saves @ St. John’s UCC, 7pm
- September 30th, Savage, MN: Naloxone Saves @ New Spirit United Church of Christ, 9:30
Worship & Workshops:
Naloxone Saves: Overdose Prevention As Resurrection.
Drug overdose is the leading cause of accidental death in the US. As Christians we are called to be people of resurrection. How does our faith call us to respond? This worship service focuses on Overdose Prevention through a Christian lens. Our service will include music, ritual, and training in how to reverse an overdose and save someones life. Real life resurrection.
Finding Divinity In The Profane. A Writing Workshop
pro·fane; adjective: 1) relating or devoted to that which is not sacred or biblical; secular rather than religious. The secular IS sacred. Together we’ll reclaim profanity as the root of our divinity. Our time will be spent responding to writing prompts, sharing, and reflecting on what it means to find divinity in our daily lives.
A Faithful Response to Domestic Violence
In this interactive workshop we will explore what a faithful response to domestic violence looks like in congregational and community settings. Using an intersectional lens we will begin with a brief training on domestic violence 101. From there we will brainstorm creative, practical, and empowered ways to respond to violence and support Survivors.
All workshops are customizable. I’m open to working with you to create a workshop based on the needs of your community.
I am available for a variety of speaking and preaching events. Including pulpit supply and guest lectures. Topics I enjoy addressing are:
- Overdose Prevention From A Christian Perspective
- Reclaiming Divinity, When The Church Says You Are Too Much (Or Not Enough)
- Grief For Queer People, Femmes, Organizers, And Harm Reductionists
- Combatting Racism As A White Person
- Working Class Theology
- The Theology Of Harm Reduction
I love creating nuanced and personal rituals to help folks mark meaningful moments of their life. Too often queer folks, drug users, sex workers, and others on the margin lack access to ritual support that is respectful and resonant. I offer support for:
- Ritualizing Grief
- And Other Transitional Moments