I lost my first friend to overdose when I was 15, and I’ve lost many more since. Unfortunately the churches my friends were connected to were sources of shame instead of compassion, leaving them to feel separate from their community and separate from God.
Now we are seeing record numbers of overdoses. I created this service because I am passionate about supporting faith communities in developing the spiritual and practical tools they need to respond to this crisis.
This service is meant to be both a healing balm and a call to action. Because every life is worth saving and every life is beloved by God.
The service includes music, ritual, training, and a message. For information about scheduling please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 510-901-1262.
- Where Can I Find Naloxone? Enter Your Zip Code In Top Right
- Recognizing An Opiate Overdose
- How To Respond To An Opiate Overdose
- What Is Harm Reduction?
- Harm Reduction Coalition
- Harm Reduction Therapy Center
- 4 Myths About Drug Users I Unlearned After Losing Someone I Love To Overdose (written by me)
- A Prayer For Those Who Are Gone (written by me)
- Project DAWN (Deaths Avoided With Naloxone) in Ohio
- Where To Get Free Naloxone In Ohio
- North Carolina Harm Reduction Coalition
- Atlanta Harm Reduction Coalition
- Austin Harm Reduction Coalition
- VOCAL New York
- Iowa Harm Reduction Coalition
- The DOPE Project (Drug Overdose Prevention and Education) in San Francisco
- HEPPAC (HIV Education and Prevention Project of Alameda County) in Oakland
Media Coverage in Columbus, OH
I work with local organizations to be able to provide free Naloxone at each service.
Naloxone Saves in Campbell, CA
Naloxone Saves in Richmond, CA with Rev. Brian Adkins of Open Door UMC and Loris Mattox, Executive Director of HIV Education and Prevention Project of Alameda County
Naloxone Saves in Cleveland, OH
Media Coverage in Cleveland, OH
Naloxone Saves in Berkeley, CA
Many thanks to Open Door United Methodist Church for agreeing to be a formal Sponsor of this ministry.